I wrote about my failed scarf and how I was turning it into a wall hanging.
Here it is all ready for some hand stitching.
The hand stitching really starts bringing it to life. My sewing machine is very old and does not like free motion stitching. I ordered a quilting foot, so I will need to test it out to see if that will make any difference. In any event, I spent most of yesterday afternoon and this morning stitching it up. I found it quite therapeutic and relaxing.
Here it is all finished. After hand stitching I added some extra locks. Considering this wasn’t an intentional piece of artwork, I am now quite pleased with how it turned out. I have a piece of fabric that I will add to the back and make it into a wall hanging. It is approximately 16 inches square and made with merino wool, Teeswater locks, viscose and sari silk fibers. The piece has been wet felted, needle felted and embellished. Now to think about what I shall make next! 🙂